This project consists of three main activities:
- Acquisition of 3 large corpora of (UK/US) newpapers. These will in time be available via institutional platforms, but currently via Cengage, the supplier. It concerns the following corpora:
- Acquisition of Schooler Lab – the online search and analysis platform of Cengage (available through the links of the three corpora.
- Development of tooling, e.g.:
- For sentiment analysis in text corpora, currently available via I-Analyzer of the Digital Humanities Lab (among others: Troonredes, The Times, The Guardian and Observer);
- For extracting geo-references from the corpora mentioned above, thus enabling spatial analysis.